Value Added Services
Energy Manager Assistant (EMA)
Volatile energy markets can make energy purchasing decisions difficult for your organization, but MidAmerican offers an online tool to assist you with your energy management goals. Energy Manager Assistant provides quick and easy access to usage, billing and market data, giving you the information you need to make timely, informed energy-purchasing decisions. EMA is a free service available to all MidAmerican customers as part of our enhanced service commitment.
- See real-time wholesale market prices for major energy commodities.
- Receive daily insight on the market and price trends by a leading industry analyst.
- Access short and long-term weather forecasts for a more accurate picture of impending energy demand.
- View and manage all accounts held with MidAmerican Energy Services.
a demonstration of EMA.
Current customer? Contact us
to set up your EMA account today.
MidAmerican Energy Services is a certified Green-e Renewable Energy Credit provider and is able to assist customers looking to include renewable options in their electric portfolio. Under this program, credits can be purchased for all or any portion of your overall load. Costs for renewable energy credits are based on usage levels.
- Your contributions fund renewable energy sources created in the United States.
- A convenient way to promote corporate green efforts.
- Historic Product Content Label.
MidAmerican's summary billing option allows you to receive one bill summarizing the activity on your separate accounts.
- All bills are mailed together to a designated address.
- Accounts can be segmented into individual cost centers for ease of allocation.
- Summary billing can be combined with ACH, automatic payment plan and more.
Energy Efficiency/Volumetric Solutions
Competitive energy pricing is only one side of managing overall electric costs. Taking action to reduce energy consumption and reduce peak load may provide additional long-term savings. MidAmerican offers a slate of programs for customers looking to proactively manage energy usage.
- Coincident Peak Load Notification: MidAmerican will notify your organization of potential peak load days likely to drive your organization’s capacity and/or transmission costs..
- Demand Response: MidAmerican’s program compensates customers for demand curtailment during periods of critical grid conditions. Under this program, there is no obligation to perform, nor is there any penalty for non-performance.
- Energy Utilization: Cloud-based intelligent grid platform software solutions exercising powerful analytics to remotely manage and optimize in real-time the combined performance building equipment and operations. Customers interested in these services are provided a customized proposal specific to their facilities and equipment.